Daytona Beach Estate Planning Lawyers
Satisfying your estate planning needs with competence and care
At Mara & Mara, Attorneys at Law, we acknowledge that planning for your death or possible incapacity is not a favorite subject of discussion, but it is a crucial one. Too many people die or become incapacitated without documents in place to shelter and provide for the desired distribution of assets they have worked so hard for all of their lives.
Estate planning documents can provide assurance that valuable assets are protected, fewer taxes are paid and probate is avoided. Proper estate planning is particularly important for business owners who want to control what happens to their enterprises after their deaths.
Daytona Beach estate planning attorneys guide you through the process
The Daytona Beach estate planning lawyers at Mara & Mara, Attorneys at Law approach this difficult situation with compassion, skills and knowledge to ensure that your wishes are enforced. Important documents include:
- Wills — Dictate how your assets will be distributed
- Advance directives (living wills) — Convey your wishes to family, friends and healthcare professionals about your end-of-life care and specific treatments you wish to permit depending on your medical condition
- Trusts — Permit assets to be managed by an individual, group or organization for the benefit of designated beneficiaries
- Durable powers of attorney — Appoints a person you trust to handle your financial and/or business affairs if you become incapacitated
- Healthcare surrogate — Designates a person whom you trust to make decisions regarding your medical care, when you are unable to do so
- Business succession plans — Sets forth how your business will continue to operate upon your death or incapacitation
- Most estate documents must meet certain legal requirements in order to be valid. Our Ormond Beach estate planning attorneys craft tailored estate planning documents that accomplish your unique goals and spare your loved ones and business partners unnecessary hardship.
For a simple will and trust, we offer a flat rate.
Contact a skilled and experienced Daytona Beach estate planning lawyer
Contact Mara & Mara, Attorneys at Law for a Volusia County estate planning attorney who wants what is best for you and your children. We are here to help. From our welcoming office in Ormond Beach, we serve clients in Daytona Beach, Volusia County, Flagler County and Seminole County.